5/22/2008

Assignment May 22

Well-designed Web site?

I am impressed by the first web site: http://www.360degrees.org
The design of this site represents a kind of the metaphor of the theme of this site.
At the first, I thought that like this layout is less findability.
However, the circle menu bar is very well-designed and when pointing on the menu, which is not the traditional form, the sound support to let user know that it exactly gets to it. The color contrast, background and font, provides easy-reading the infromation. Showing the dyanamic data is well-designed. The sub menu in this category is fine and the way of conveying each content is better than traditional textbook like writing.
Various formats are included, video, disicussion board, questionaire and so on. These are shown very naturally and engage learners in its contents.

I would like to learn how to create like this site.

3 コメント:

Danie さんのコメント...

Hey Mika. I too chose the 360.org site as a well-designed site. I did not think that navigation was hard and I was impressed by their unique layout. On another note, I think your final project is nice for children as your use of colors is attractive. I wondered about how students can manipulate the diagrams and I also would like to know how prepared the students are to tackle such problems. I know that I could not use these with my Junior High students. I am excited to see your final page.

Jfefferman さんのコメント...

Hi Mika,

I also liked this site. I didn't find the navigation difficult, although it was certainly different from the standard top menu bar. I like exploring the circle effects with my mouse and I think it added to the overall environment of the site.

For your project, I really like the idea. It's a big endeavor to teach such an abstract concept, and an even greater challenge to create a computer program with images to demonstrate them. I think these images do a good job!

Mr. G さんのコメント...

Hi Mika,

I enjoyed playing with the site too, but my interest really focused on the differences between the HTML and the Flash site. I know we didn't spend time on Flash design, but I really preferred the HTML in many ways. It was less busy and I think simpler to navigate.

Did you have a preference?