5/27/2008

Assignment May 27th

Based on the book, Genius Gymnasium, Iwould like to create the web for students to develop a kind of math logical thinking.


For example:
Starting at the corner shown, can you find a route for the snail along the edges of this three-dimensional solid object that will visit each corner only once, with no edge retraced? Such a route is called a Hamiltonian circuit.
It can be cumbersome to solve such problems looking at the three-dimensional representation of objects, because some edges and corners are hidden. So to help you we have created a topologically equivalent two-dimensional representation of the object, called a Schlegel diagram, on which the solution can be more easily worked out.


My web plan is combining the blogger with my building web site, and it seems like a cafe. Problem would be provided such as cafe menu, and link to the blog, so that students can pick up the problem and go to blog and add their comment and their thoughts to comment space in the blog.


The colors should be based on bright orange, page design might be monochromatic design.

Therefore, I will research the site for stylish cafe site, or shop site.

3 コメント:

Erik N. さんのコメント...

Hi Mika,
I think that math problem-solving web site idea of yours is good. It seems like it will be a good application of Web 2.0 capabilities by facilitating communication among users about challenging and intellectually stimulating topics. One thought I have about the layout is to make sure that when you are reading the solutions people have posted you always make sure you can see the problem they are discussing on the same screen, side-by-side, as a way of reducing cognitive load. If they have to scroll or click back to see the problem they are reading about it will cause the split-attention effect.

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hey, Mika..
I think this is a great idea to learn math!
I always hated math because I needed to memorize all the terms and all the problem solvgin formulas. And after that, I just didn't like math and that made me to study poorly.
But with this web site, they can learn math in a fun and easy way.
I think combining with a blogger is a great idea cuz I think you don't really need to make everything, blogger already gives you lots and lots of options and different functions. You have seen my 'architecture of learning' project right? now you know html and all those codes, it can be limitless.

匿名 さんのコメント...

I think you did a good job to your final project. It seems your website really can raise students' learning motivation. I know we didn't learn too much flash skills. But I'm thinking if your math problems can be moved as the puzzle pieces by the learners, it would be very interesting.